Application Period: October 1st —November 15th
Session Dates: January—May
Winter months of Utah provide an unparalleled experience for visiting artists to explore the ten-thousand acre canvas of Powder Mountain for motivation, reflection and inspiration.
On mountain lodges allow for visiting artists to keep creativity flowing in between ski-runs and snowshoe hikes during their residencies on Powder Mountain. In the evening, artists can appreciate the magical sunsets over Great Salt Lake before heading off the mountain to focus on projects in the studio.
Accepted artists during the winter months will be hosted at lodging within walking distance from the Summit Institute campus at the base of Powder Mountain and will have full access to the scheduled Summit Mountain Series hosted weekends. Each Summit Mountain Series weekend during the winter gathers individuals from within the Summit Community for inspiring talks by industry leaders, long table dinners prepared by world-class chefs, musical performances and wintery outdoor activities.
The open application period for the winter session is from October 1st to November 15th. During that period you will find a link below to submit the required materials.
Winter session dates: January, February, March, April, May
Application period: October 1st —November 15th
What you will need to apply:
- Name, DOB, email address, home address
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice for time within the session dates
- Current CV in PDF Format (for collectives or organizations, please upload all members’ individual CVs as a single PDF file, or provide a CV for the organization/collective itself)
- 10 Work Samples (either .jpgs sized no larger than 5MB, PDFs of written texts, or links to time-based works/projects online)
- Letter of Intent regarding why applying artist is interested in attending the Summit Artist In Residence Program
- $25 application fee
*5 Residents are accepted during the summer season.
**Activities are an additional cost.
Application period is currently closed.