Application Period: Mid October—November
Session Dates: January—April
Winter months of Utah provide an unparalleled experience for visiting artists to explore the ten-thousand acre canvas of Powder Mountain for motivation, reflection and inspiration.
On-mountain lodges allow for artists to keep creativity flowing in between ski-runs and snowshoe hikes. In the evening, artists can appreciate the magical sunsets over Great Salt Lake before heading back to lodging to create artwork by the fireplace. The 500 sq ft art studio attached to the Summit AIR lodging makes creating work at any time of day extremely convenient.
Accepted artists during the Winter months will be hosted at lodging within walking distance from the Summit Institute campus at the base of Powder Mountain and will have full access to the scheduled Summit Mountain Series hosted weekends. Each Summit Mountain Series weekend gathers individuals from within the Summit Community for inspiring talks by industry leaders, long table dinners prepared by world-class chefs, musical performances and exciting outdoor activities.
There is an open application period from October 1st to November 15th. During that period you will find a link below to submit you materials.
Winter session dates: January—April
Application period: Mid October—November
What you will need to apply:
- Name, DOB, Gender, Ethnicity, email address, home address
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice for time within the session dates
- Current CV in PDF Format (for collectives or organizations, please upload all members’ individual CVs as a single PDF file, or provide a CV for the organization/collective itself)
- 10 Work Samples (either .jpgs sized no larger than 5MB, PDFs of written texts, or links to time-based works/projects online)
- Letter of Intent regarding why applying artist is interested in attending the Summit Artist In Residence Program
- $25 application fee
*4 Residents are accepted during the summer season.
**Activities are an additional cost.
Application period is currently closed.