Application Period: April 1st — May 15th
Session Dates: June—October
The Summer months in Eden offer impressive vistas of Powder Mountain and plenty of inviting trail networks throughout Ogden Valley allowing artists to forage inspiration for ambitious creative projects.
Powder Mountain’s unique high-alpine meadows provide an ideal setting for creative cultivation, meaningful gatherings and surreal moments during each summer residency. Visiting artists are encouraged to spend part of their residencies enjoying the outdoors by camping, farming, mountain biking and hiking in order to absorb the vibrancy of Utah in order to reflect on their experiences through the creation of site-reflexive projects involving the local community and landscape of the Wasatch Mountains.
Accepted artists during the Summer months will stay at lodging within walking distance from the Summit Institute campus at the base of the mountain and will have full access to the scheduled Summit Mountain Series hosted weekend. Each Summit Mountain Series weekend during the summer gathers individuals from within the Summit Community for inspiring talks by industry leaders, long table dinners prepared by world-class chefs, musical performances and exciting summery outdoor activities.
The open application period for the summer session from April 1st to May 15th. During that period you will find a link below to submit you materials.
Summer session dates: June, July, August, September, October
Application period: April 1st —May 15th
What you will need to apply:
- Name, DOB, email address, home address
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice for time within the session dates
- Current CV in PDF Format (for collectives or organizations, please upload all members’ individual CVs as a single PDF file, or provide a CV for the organization/collective itself)
- 10 Work Samples (either .jpgs sized no larger than 5MB, PDFs of written texts, or links to time-based works/projects online)
- Letter of Intent regarding why applying artist is interested in attending the Summit Artist In Residence Program
- $25 application fee
*5 Residents are accepted during the summer season.
**Activities are an additional cost.
Application period is currently closed.